Tuesday, August 11, 2009

1 year, 8 months, 7 days...

Little did I realize that I had 2 drafts sitting in my blog post....one dated Feb 08 and another Sept 08...talking about 2008's Karneval celebration, birthdays, my experience as a trainee...the period when life was a little challenging...having to face a couple of downhill rides along the way....

Since my last official post, it's now....

1 year, 8 months, 7 days...

My blog revived. Adventures, friendships, travels, work, love, successes, failures, discovery. Happiness, sorrows, bitterness, fun, excitement, honesty. These were words that came to mind while I was reflecting on my life for the past year. Life both in Europe and in Singapore have allowed me to see the lesser seen side of me. From the spontaneous climb of Sierra Nevada in Granada, Spain, to exploring the much talked about city reservoir at the Marina Barrage in Singapore.

A Rollercoaster Ride...

Ups and downs in life are inevitable; to say that my life went on smoothly without any glitches, I would be lying. And this, I would say, even during my time in Europe.

Braving each storm that came way, especially when I was away from home made me a stronger person. It made me see life differently. There....I dreamt and dreamt hard....eventually, I fought for what I dreamt of and wanted....

The People...

I can't say more, but it's the people who helped me brave the storm, who shared my happiness, who laughed at my jokes, who explored the world with me: whom I knew I readily had that shoulder I could lean or cry on. that out-stretched arm who would catch me when I trip and fall....whether in Europe or home

A whole new experience...a pool of curious minds...always wanting to know about the little red dot. Away or at home, everyone was the same. Questions galore, but each filled with so much enthusiasm.

Beginning of a New Journey...

On the night of the 24th day of April, I began my new adventure. I left, the place I call home, to embark on a whole new journey....back to where I left off not so long ago...

A brand new start, in a familiar city, filled with familiar faces.... Do you hear Symphony No. 5 playing in the background...that's the welcome tune to the city of Bonn....

New. That was the buzz word for the next month or so....Job, workspace, colleagues, friends, apartment, and the list goes on. Each word had a "new" before it. Yet another ride of my life....no longer one I worry, not knowing what is going to happen next, but one I would enjoy...because it is a dream that I fought hard for and waited....

1 year, 8 months, 7 days...



1 Comments:

Anonymous skeetozoid said...

jiayou dear!!! great to see that you are making the most of your experiences to grow and widen your horizons as well!! =D

catch up soon!! lemme know when u can skype or something! =)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home